So do you want to know what weddings are like here? Let me briefly describe to you the 2nd wedding and all of the comedy of errors that happened that day...overall though it was a great day.
Start time was supposed to be 8:30am (remember there is something we call "Africa time" and that means it NEVER starts on time but we were on "America time")
- 8:45am: We arrive as we had to drive about 1 hour to get there...we are the 1st ones there! The venue is still trying to set up chairs etc.
- 9:15am: A few others arrive and we all decide to go get coffee as we heard they probably would not start until well after 10am
- 11am: We arrive back at the venue and still no bride or groom. Go to get Taylor dressed and her zipper down the whole back of the dress breaks. The ladies at the reception desk find a sowing kit and we proceed to sow her into her dress for the next hour.
- 12pm: All ready and everyone has arrived, just waiting on the bride and groom
- 1pm: Bride and groom arrive but can't exit the car until the photographer arrives
- 1:30pm: They ask Brent to be the photographer-wedding begins
- 2:30pm: Photographer arrives (now remember this was all supposed to start at 8:30am!)
- Wedding, photographs, reception and many dances later, we arrive back at our hotel at 7pm.
Long day to say the least but we are so happy for these two. Now I culturally can't include pictures of the bride and groom until late November but here are some snapshots from the rest of the bridal party/crowd.
|Taylor at the ceremony|
|Love this shot of this sweet lady!|
|The bride :) She was radiant!!|
|Flower girls and ring bearer|
|Ok so quite of few pics of our girl but she looked beautiful|
|dancing in to the reception|
|outfit change and more dancing|